Re: Bill McArthur NA1SS on Voice 1640 UTC

Scott Avery WA6LIE wrote:

>Hello All....
>
>I had a Nice QSO with Bill on the last pass west of California this morning.
>He was also calling CQ for JOTA, and worked one other station.
>He had NO TAKERS after BSing with me a second time on this pass.
>He then gave up and turned packet back on.
>Too bad nobody was "listening".
>Told him to get on the air more often.
>He said he plans on it!!
>
>Didn't get this QSO on tape, as was not ready to hear voices....
>Called my wife into the shack to hear our QSO.
>
>73, Scott WA6LIE
>Salinas, Ca.
>----

Bill didn't show  over Australia, we had around 40 Scouts at a JOTA camp
in the pine forest and listened on the 3 passes Saturday night.  On the
second pass we had a great  visual sighting. at nearly 70 deg. el.
Needless to say everyone had a good time, despite very average
conditions on HF we managed some good contacts.

--
Best regards,
Tony.

J.A.Hutchison.  VK5ZAI