ISS ON THE AIR FOR JOTA

I just spoke to Exp 12 Cmdr William McArthur operating NA1SS for JOTA at 9:11 am edt 13:11 utc!!!
He was operating 145.80/144.49 MHz

I told him I was operating KD4 "Scouting For Fun" at Paris Mtn State Park here in Greenville, SC and waiting for the scouts to show up. After clarifing my callsign and signal report, I asked him to say hi to all the scouts here in Greenville.

Bill replied:
Al - Scouting For Fun this is NAISS - Greeting to all the scouts world wide. it's a thrill for us today to be participating in JOTA!

I then thanked him for operating JOTA and wished him 73!!!

A big thanks to ARISS and the ISS

Good luck and pass the word!!!!!

Al Lark - KD4 Scouting For Fun
Amsat Area Coordinator - SC