RE: ISS School Contact, Tregaron, Wales, UK - Sep 29 2005, 11:28Z

Hi Kenneth

> It appears that the link is not working. I was watching the video of the
ATC
> contact with Leroy yesterday but get an error message today.

Hold fire! The streaming happens from a central site the remains the same
(http://www.streamingwizard.com/clients/space.asx) This was running from my
home QTH in London until about 1500Z today. Had enormous probs today with
getting firewalls open on site, they are dealt with by an external agency, a
lot of ego massaging took place today with 'managers' to get the ports open.

Once you finally get to speak to the geek who knows what he's doing with the
fingers on the buttons all is good (he was very good indeed - I even offered
him a job).

Did a test run that worked for quite a while, but I'm guessing my PC
streaming on site from my laptop took a dive since (could be the batteries
ran out). Looks good for tomorrow, assuming schedules and astronauts will be
OK to do it.

Will be running feeds on and off from about 9:00UTC, so you will see lots of
everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Lots of press turning up, we had some today already. This is the fifth ISS
contact I've done. Always different. Never underestimate the amount of work
there is to do. But this is the first I've done with no cellphone access -
bliss for stopping impromptu calls while trying to debug fixes, but a
nightmare because they also stop publicity calls from the TV.

We have run three test passes today all end stopping S9+60 despite S9 local
interference on 145.806MHz.

Here's hoping!

73, Howard G6LVB

It appears that the link is not working. I was watching the video of the ATC
contact with Leroy yesterday but get an error message today.
Kenneth - N5VHO