Re: how to fix the shuttle fuel tank

Actually, this can't turn into much of a debate...the people making the
decisions are way smarter than I am and we only get to hear what the news
THINKS they heard, which as we know is correct only 50% of the time (so my
Mother says...)

The 250 Mile per hour quip was tongue in cheek....but with some research I
found this tidbit...

"
100 MPH Tape: A name recognizable, no doubt, to U.S. Army Veterans.

200 MPH TAPE: Pit crews across the nation's auto-racing circuit know that
duct tape holds even when you're going over 200 M.P.H. The nickname was so
common, "Duck" brand duct tape manufacturer Manco has even trademarked it!
1,000 M.P.H. tape:

The U.S. Navy uses duct tape to repair Radomes (A radome (not 'Radom') is a
dome that fits over a radar antenna. On an airplane, that's usually the nose
cone. It has to be transparent to the radar waves. Any repairs must be
radar-transparent, too.) on fighter aircraft. Since the planes fly so darn
fast, they call it "thousand mile an hour" tape.

Missile Tape: The Aerospace industry, according to a Martin Marietta worker,
used a green duct tape that they secured and routed wiring and cables on
test missiles. They called this green duct tape "missile tape"."

To relate it to SAREX...maybe Bob B. can comment (when things settle down,)
whether he has run into any use of duct tape on the outside of the Space
Station....

Nuff said...back to reality

Roger

WA1KAT

>From this thread, NASA can never win.
It's best engineering effort,guys and gals, not unqualified perfection.
Point at a perfect human and you're pointing at an inactive,
dead one.