RE: how to fix the shuttle fuel tank

>From this thread, NASA can never win.
It's best engineering effort,guys and gals, not unqualified perfection.
Point at a perfect human and you're pointing at an inactive,
dead one.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-SAREX@amsat.org [mailto:owner-SAREX@amsat.org]On Behalf Of
Roger Kolakowski
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:59 AM
To: MM; Dave Larsen PhD; sarex@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [sarex] how to fix the shuttle fuel tank

Second try ( I think NASCAR makes more sense, Nasser, I believe was a
President of Egypt and a Ford Dealer somewhere in my past life, not that
either wouldn't care)......

Remember..these are the same guys who knew the critical foam areas last
time, researched the problem, decided they couldn't do anything so flew with
the same configuration this time....

Result...more foam fell off from one of their critical points...

Maybe you should have suggested duct tape, at least they wouldn't have had
to think much, and I believe Nascar has it certified to 250 MPH.

Roger
WA1KAT

-