From: Lou McFadin [mailto:w5did@amsat.org]
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 10:03 PM
To: Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC)
Subject: Re: [sarex] Amateur Radio on Board STS-114

The STS-114 mission will not have amateur radio equipment onboard.
There is amateur radio equipment on the ISS that the crew could use
if they were to choose to do so.
Since this will be a very busy flight including several EVAs there
will be very limited spare time available for the crew to use for
amateur radio.

On Jul 11, 2005, at 1:09 AM, Sion Chow Q. C. (9W2QC) wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> My apologies if this has been discussed before, but I could not
> find the
> answer anywhere.
>
> What I would like to know whether there would be any amateur radio
> equipment
> on board STS-114?  If there is, maybe someone can tell me the
> frequencies,
> etc?
>
> Many thanks and sorry for the bandwidth.
>
> 73,
> Sion Chow Q. C.,
> 9W2QC

Lou McFadin