Six Days Until Launch - 7 JULY 2005

SUBMITTED BY ARTHUR N1ORC - AMSAT A/C #31468

Six Days Until Launch

The launch of Space Shuttle Discovery on STS-114 is now only six days
away. Commander Eileen Collins and her crew are scheduled to lift off at
3:51 p.m. EDT July 13 on the first U.S. space flight since the February
2003 loss of the Shuttle Columbia.

Road sign reading '06 Days to Launch'Senior managers announced the
launch date June 30 following a two-day Flight Readiness Review meeting
at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

"After a vigorous, healthy discussion our team has come to a decision:
we're ready to go," NASA Administrator Michael Griffin said after the
meeting. "The past two and half years have resulted in significant
improvements that have greatly reduced the risk of flying the Shuttle.
But we should never lose sight of the fact that space flight is risky."