ISS STATUS - 2 JUNE 2005

Submitted by Arthur N1ORC - AMSAT A/C #31468

The Expedition 11 crew talked with the media during televised interviews
Tuesday. Flight Engineer and NASA ISS Science Officer John Phillips
allayed concerns over the Station's oxygen supplies.

"There's no oxygen crisis up here," Phillips said. "Our oxygen content
on the Station is normal. We've got plenty of supplies to keep it going.
Our primary oxygen generating device ... is not functioning, so we're
using the backup device right now. The backup device works fine, and
we've got plenty of chemicals to keep it running."

The crew is looking forward to the Space Shuttle's arrival, which is
scheduled for July.

Phillips said, "We've got a lot of scientific equipment and cargo that
we can't throw away, that needs to come down to Earth, and we can really
only do that onboard the Shuttle. As a result, things are a bit
cluttered up here right now, but we're looking forward to getting rid of
many tons of equipment when the Shuttle comes in July."

Over the weekend, Commander Sergei Krikalev picked some tasks from the
International Space Station's "job jar," a list of unscheduled
maintenance and science activities that can be performed at a
crewmember's discretion. Phillips also performed maintenance tasks,
including the routine rebooting of several laptop computers.

MEMORIAL DAY MESSAGE FROM CREW: (AUDIO FILE)
http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/memorial05/main.html