Re: ISS SCHOOL CONTACT SUCCESSFUL

>>>Now to hear how my wife did,waving a handheld around a schoolyard in
>>>Essex, MA with her 6th Graders.<<<

I just got the report and they did well in the front of the school during
lunch with an old IC-u2AT and a rubber ducky. One student held the radio and
waved it around for the best reception, one held the compass and another
read the students questions off before the answers.

Total gear required: an HT, a compass, and a copy of AMSAT's Predict readout
for 10 passes.

Curriculum exposed to: Latitude and Longitude, horizon, elevation, direction
in degrees, orbital mechanics, antenna orientation, frequency designations,
AOS, LOS etc. etc

A nice lesson...in a box

Now to get my radio station to call one of the kids for an interview.

Roger
WA1KAT