Re: ISS SCHOOL CONTACT SUCCESSFUL

--- "ARTHUR Z. ROWE" <N1ORC@SURFGATE.NET> wrote:

> The ISS contact with the Maple Avenue Elementary School in Gofftstown,
> NH was a very good contact. I was able to hear the answer to question #5
> to question #19 when the ISS was about 1000 miles from my location.

Reception in New Jersey was likewise superb using an HTX-202 in one
hand, and a quater-wave groundplane antenna (all coat hangers) in
the other.

Best reception was obtained when the antenna was held in a vertical
position close to the times of AOS and LOS, and horizonal during the
high elevation portions of the pass.

73, de John, KD2BD

Visit John on the Web at:

	http://www.qsl.net/kd2bd/