Successful ARISS contact for Fairview Elementary 2005-02-10 17:58 UTC

Hi all,

Here is the quick report on the successful ARISS contact this noon with Leroy
Chiao KE5BRW operating NA1SS on the ISS with Fairview School in Mount
Prospect, IL operating AJ9N.

The kids and Leroy did an absolutely outstanding job and everyone should be
commended.  We were able to go through all students twice and had time for a
few extra questions.  A total of 23 questions were asked.  My crew did an
outstanding job.

We acquired Leroy's signal about 90 seconds after the predicted AOS.  Signoff
occurred a few seconds before LOS with the students and parents saying 73.

The contact was simulcast to the World Wide Web and there were over 50 hits.
The contact was also simulcast via the IRLP system using a radio link to the
N9EP repeater on an experimental basis.

I'll have more details later about the contact.

73,
Charlie Sufana AJ9N
One of the ARISS mentors and Control Op for Fairview Elementary