GB2ATC ISS contact

All 20 questions 100%.

About 3 minutes 20 seconds in we had a fade that was corrected within a
second so by changing polarisation. We missed a couple of words of an
answer, but that was it. Apart from the fade, the signal end-stopped
throughout.
The ISS was still in packet for the first minute of the pass as you'll hear,
but Leroy came through great in the end. All 20 questions answered, and we
got the applause in at the end.

A small fade 3' 20" in, corrected by switching polarisation within a second
or so, so we missed a couple of words of Leroy's answer. Other than this the
S meter end-stopped the entire QSO.

Sorry, the recording I have at this URL is clipping, but it has all the
content.

http://www.g6lvb.com/images/ISSgb2atc16kbps8kHz.mp3 (1132KB)
http://www.g6lvb.com/images/ISSgb2atc8kbps8kHz.mp3 (566KB)

Will check the other recordings and video and release them once rendered.

We were in a wired comms blackspot we didn't have the opportunity for
streaming audio at the time. The benefit of being in a semi-remote area was
that there was no QRM.

I particularly liked Leroy's comment about watching episodes of 'The
Office', an off-the-wall UK comedy show, and that there's none of the 'good
stuff' on the ISS when refering to New Years' celebrations.

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-2000
Microset 200W amp
SSB Electronics SP-2000 preamp at feedpoint
WIMO remote polarisation switch

73 Howard G6LVB