Re: ISS operation

Agree!
Space digipeaters like ISS, PCsat and others were NOT
intended for UNATTENDED beacons!!!

But this is simple to fix.  We all need to help out.
We simply set our radio to 145.99 for 10 minutes with
a TNC and see who we hear when ISS is not in view.

These people then must be approached nicely and
informed of proper operation.  Lets get them shut down.
They are killing the golden goose.

Bob

>>> McGrane <tmcgrane@suffolk.lib.ny.us> 01/21/05 10:36 PM >>>
Regarding ISS packet operation:

I believe too many people are transmitting too often and utilizing
unattended beacons. The station radio wont transmit until it hears
nothing
on the uplink. On the weekends, I hear long dumps of data.

With the lack of the -11 bbs, all we can do is digipeat and that is only
gratifying to a point.

I request that the ISS radio be put in cross-band repeat mode, perhaps
this time 2 meters up and uhf down.

I would much rather talk to the astronauts but they are too busy.
So lets talk around the continent.

Patrick, N2OEQ