ISS operation

Regarding ISS packet operation:

I believe too many people are transmitting too often and utilizing
unattended beacons. The station radio wont transmit until it hears nothing
on the uplink. On the weekends, I hear long dumps of data.

With the lack of the -11 bbs, all we can do is digipeat and that is only
gratifying to a point.

I request that the ISS radio be put in cross-band repeat mode, perhaps
this time 2 meters up and uhf down.

I would much rather talk to the astronauts but they are too busy.
So lets talk around the continent.

Patrick, N2OEQ