Re: FW: ISS repeater mode to be active

Gary,
Please note at the bottom of my original post that
packet (also APRS) will be returning (correct month
should have been Sept.)

The intent is not to turn the ISS into just another FM
repeater. The crew has to make the changes to the
amateur radio equipment so we have to work within
their schedule. Right now, we have a crewmember who is
very supportive of amateur radio who will be departing
in less than a month. Having the opportunity to do
some evaluation on the FM repeater mode before he
leaves and get his viewpoint on that operation was the
driver in making the temporary switch. Also, we don't
know how involved the next crew will be so it is best
to take action now.

As additional modes of operation are evaluated, others
will have to step down for a while. Eventually,
multiple modes should be operating simultaneously on
ISS but for now, various limitations prevent us from
doing so.

Personally, I tend to view the score a bit different:
FM repeaters 3, Manned satellite experiments 1

Kenneth - N5VHO