ISS Repeater Operations?

Hello All....

Is there any protocol on the ISS Repeater?
I heard a station tonight in California working ISS just like a CONTEST!
He was "running the frequency"! The WHOLE PASS! I am disappointed hearing
LIDS and CBers a like using the ISS repeater, but I guess that is why it is
there. It is the SAME way on other FM Birds.

I also guess, that is why I don't use the repeater, I would go to Radio
Shack "IF" I wanted a CB.

73, Scott
WA6LIE, Salinas, Ca.