Spacecam Update

All,

Miles Mann, WF1F asked me to relay this message from him since he cannot
access the sarex reflector at this time.  One other addition to his report
is that we are working hard to get one of the new IBM A31 computers as a
dedicated computer for SSTV and Packet.  This is really a requirement if we
want Spacecam to be successful, since we have already seen how not having a
computer available for packet has caused difficulties in keeping the Phase
1 packet system active.

73,

Frank Bauer, KA3HDO

ISS Amateur Radio Status: August 30, 2004
SpaceCam Status
By Miles Mann WF1F,

MAREX-MG News   www.marexmg.org

Manned Amateur Radio Experiment

Hi everyone:
I have been a little busy to keep the MAREX web page up to date, Ill try
to get it updated in the fall (new job, lots of traveling etc.)

The Slow Scan TV project called SpaceCam1 has been delayed until the
Shuttle "Returns to Flight".
When the shuttles were grounded the priority levels for flying Ham gear
into space dropped to a very low level.  Every ounce of cargo space is
being reserved by higher priority projects for ISS.
The ISS crews are also very busy and so not have much free time to
experiment with new amateur radio projects.  However the ARISS team is
doing their best in utilizing the current amateur radio equipment
currently on board ISS.  Such as the current testing of the Cross Band
repeater mode of the Kenwood D700 transceiver.

The best information I have on when SpaceCam will fly, will be some time
in 2005 after the shuttle start flying again.  The only parts of
SpaceCam left to fly is the Software for SpaceCam and a special AMSAT
computer to radio patch cable.

Marexmg Web page
http://www.marexmg.org

NASA Web pages:

Information on the crew's activities aboard the Space Station, future
launch dates, as well as Station sighting opportunities from anywhere on
the Earth, is available on the Internet at:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/

73 Miles WF1F MAREX-MG

Until we meet again
DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F