Re: New ARISS Operations Capability

When we first proposed the FM voice repeater there
were several applications in mind, not just another
FM free-for all.

1)  Let schools talk to an astronaut at JSC via the repeater
2)  Let schools reserve a pass and run the net, taking
     checkins
3)  SAREX specialty nets
4)  Using it for special applications in keeping with the
     SAREX mission,

My understanding of this current activity is just a check-out
of the system to verify that it works.  I hope then that
once the procedures are well develioped and that the
astronauts can easily get the radio into and out of
repeater mode, that we can take an organized approach
to scheduling its use in a meaningful way..

Just my 2 cents...
Bob