Re: New ARISS Operations Capability

Hello All....

My comments are,

Packet/APRS is a SERVICE.
A FM dualband repeater is redundant.
How many MORE FM dualband satellite repeaters do we need?
However, this is a great experiment!
If it is really easy to use with a HT or mobile, it can be beneficial.
The downside is that there are REGULAR FM repeater HOGS, and it starts to
sound like CB!

A SPECIAL Thanks to Mike Fincke for being the great HAM he is!
Without his contributions, ARISS would become stagnant!

Just remember the Doppler on UHF is +-10kc!
On a horizon pass at maybe 10 degrees or less, there is minimal Doppler.
On the overhead passes, +- 10kc Doppler will be present.
Remember to TX LOW frequency, ie 437.790 at the beginning of the pass, and
slide up frequency to the end of pass. Ending frequency should be 437.810
LEAVE your receiver on 145.800, UNLESS you can move frequency at 1 kc
intervals, then +- 3kc Doppler.
Most all radios will have 145.800 +-3kc within their passband, so no real
need to change frequency.

My $0.02 cents worth...

73, Scott WA6LIE Salinas, Ca. CM96