Re: New ARISS Operations Capability

I must say that I am disappointed at this news. Recently, I was on holidays
in an area with no APRS coverage. Because of ISS packet I was able to send
out my position and also a short e-mail to my father. Many thanks to Scott
Avery for his WA6LIE-4 ground station to relay ISS packets to APRS-IS.
Would it be possible to activate the old packet station with the Ericsson
radio? I'm assuming that the new mode uses the Kenwood radio.
I'm sure many people will enjoy the new mode however.

Just my $0.02 worth,

Mike Fenske
VE7MKF