From: owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-SAREX@AMSAT.Org] On Behalf Of
Frank H. Bauer
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 12:07 PM
To: sarex@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [sarex] New ARISS Operations Capability

The ARISS program is pleased to announce that the amateur radio equipment
aboard the International Space Station is now operating in cross-band
repeat mode.  We realize that many of you will miss the packet-operating
mode.  However, cross-band repeat allows further experimentation of the ISS
amateur radio system

The downlink for this operating mode remains the same, so listen for the
station on 145.80 MHz.  The new uplink frequency is 437.80 MHz.  All
frequencies are subject to Doppler shifting.  For further information on
working satellites and adjusting for Doppler shift, please review Emily
Clark's (W0EEC) excellent presentation on AMSAT's website,
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/faqs/Intro_sats.pdf

ARISS is an international educational outreach program with US
participation from NASA, AMSAT (The Amateur Satellite Radio Corp.), and the
American Radio Relay League.  ARISS offers an opportunity for students to
experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with
crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers, parents and
communities experience, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on
ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and
learning.  Further information on the ARISS programme is available on the
website http://www.rac.ca/ariss

Thank you & 73,
Scott H. Stevens, N3ASA
Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO