ARISS Notice -- ISS Radios off Next Week

Kenneth Ransom, N5VHO, reports that the amateur radio
equipment aboard the International Space Station will be
turned off during the upcoming EVA.  The planned shut down
will take place at 0850 UTC on Monday, August 2.  The
radios should return to service approximately 0850 UTC on
Wednesday, August 4.

As always, these dates and times are subject to change
with circumstances.  We will do our best to notify the
SAREX list of any changes as soon as possible.

ARISS is an international educational outreach program
with US participation from NASA, AMSAT (The Amateur
Satellite Radio Corp.), and the American Radio Relay
League.  ARISS offers an opportunity for students to
experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking
directly with crewmembers on-board the International Space
Station. Teachers, parents and communities experience,
first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers on ISS can
energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and
learning.  Further information on the ARISS programme is
available on the website http://www.rac.ca/ariss

Thank you & 73,
Scott H. Stevens / N3ASA
ARISS Team Member