Mike - NA1SS on 2 meters Voice Independence Day 1300 UTC

Hi Everyone
Mike Fincke was operating NA1SS on the 1300 UTC pass today July 4th!

I heard Mike finish speaking with Jerry VE5DC and then call QRZ

I called Mike using our club call N4ISS and he returned!!!
After exchanging signal reports I wished him and Gennady a happy 4th of
July. I told him my name and to tell Gennady Good morning (in Russian) and
asked him to pass on the news about 17 year old, Russian Born, Maria
Sharapova's win at Wimbleton.

He said he wished his Russian was as good as mine.

I also thanked him and Gennady for operating during Field Day, and that it
was a Big Hit!
I thanked him and told him I would let him go because there were many others
wishing to speak to him.

I wished him 73 and thanked him for the contact and said goodbye using

He thanked me and wished me 73!

Mike then worked
N4WD Bruce in north Georgia
K4AVO Pat in NC

What a Great Independence Day this is!!!!

I'll replay the contact on the Sunday AMSAT net if anyone wants to hear it.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
73 - Al - KD4SFF
AMSAT Area Coordinator SC
Experimenters Group ARC - N4ISS