Re: Oscar Number ??

SO50 was I think the last one.
Look at our PCsat web page.  The satellite
cost about $2000 to build, make that about
$10,000 if you include the test items and spares.
Plus $40,000 of travel and bureaucracy...

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat.html

and its live downlink:  http://pcsat.aprs.org

Oh, and a free launch...
bob
>>> Norm McMillan <njmcmillan@bigpond.com> 5/3/04 8:00:54 PM >>>
G'day,

For a school project, could someone tell me what number OSCAR we are up
to?
I'm having trouble convincing people that anyone other than the
"Authorities" could possibly build a sattelite, let alone launch one.

If I can engender enough interest, there is the possibility of a school
ISS
application/contact/station.

Norm, VK2XCI
Voice of the Edge of The Outback