NASA TV on DirecTV

Greetings,
             I've just acquired a dish and RCA DirecTV receiver. I'm trying
to figure out if it's possible to receive NASA TV without having to
subscribe to any service. I noticed on DirecTV's website that they claim
it's free, but do I need to subscribe to some basic package to receive it?
The receiver came with a card, but I'm not really up on satellite TV stuff,
hoping someone here can guide me in the right direction.

-Steve
N1JFU