Glenwood ISS Contact

I was able to hear and record the ISS school contact
with Glenwood Elementary School today from my
QTH in Cleveland, Ohio.

I wonder if the school had problems as I heard Mike
Foale calling WA8CWD for close to two minutes
before he got a reply.

According to my Sat-Tracker program the ISS was
close to max elevation here when he got the reply
and he immediately asked for and started answering
questions.

I lost the signal after he answered the question about
who inspired him to become an astronaut.

I will post an edited copy of the recording on my web
site on Monday.

I also heard from others on the local repeater that they
were able to hear it on their HT's or in their mobiles.
One heard it on his HT while eating in a restaurant!

Our club had talked it up on the club net and club
repeaters for the last couple of days.

 73,

Bill  KA8VIT

Bill Chaikin, KA8VIT