Japan is here! (Re: Where is Japan?)

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2004/02/15 17:17:26 Scott Avery WA6LIE wrote:
> Has anyone ever noticed the lack of JA operators via ISS?
> They have the band plan and frequencies!
> http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/6_Band_Plan/A-6-2.htm

  Yes. During the time of 1st crew on ISS, We JA hams claimed to
open the segment 144.30-144.50 for ISS comm., and it had opened
to general from 13th.Dec.2001.

> Can someone tell me why Japanese operators have no interest in ISS?

  We many JA hams are interesting in ISS contact! But there was
totally NO voice QRV from ISS until today (except a few times of
scheduled school contact) .... We JA Sat guys tried to watch on
145.800 many times when the ISS voice contact had planned/announced,
but we never heard any voice from ISS passing over Japan.
  So we JA hams tried and sucseed to make QSO only "VIA" ISS Packet.
I heard JA, BY, UA0 and BV packets before, and I QRVed on ISS packet
from KH2 and JD1 also in 2002 (made a few DIGI QSO with JA hams).

73 de Yoshi JF6BCC.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR/T88IY
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY,V63BP
jf6bcc@jarl.com or yoshi@kh2gr.callsign.org