RE: Kings School ARISS contact

Hi Hugh

> The pass lasted just short of 10 minutes. I couldn't find the up-link
> frequency, despite being only a few miles from Canterbury.

That's because you're not meant to know the uplink frequency - it's not
published for obvious reasons.

> The contact was broadcast on the BBC - South East local news television
> program tonight, and this carried some of the questions being asked and
> answered, as well as interviews with the young people doing the asking.
> Alas there was not one mention of Amateur Radio !
> What is it about our hobby that makes it so un-news-worthy ?
> I have E-mailed the BBC to complain.

Well, that's easy to answer. Problem is that they only have a two minute
slot, and despite ramming down their throats, they know what they want to
say. However we did get AMSAT and RSGB logos in the pics on the BBC and ITV
shots. But the BBC website at least acknowledges amateur radio.

> Congratulations and thanks to the team that made it possible.

Thanks - I will pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

73 Howard G6LVB