[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Email Via ISS...



How to email via ISS:

To: UIMAIL

or

To: EMAIL

Message body:

schiers@netins.net Put short text in here

===============================

Explanation:

To:  You can use either of two addresses here. UIMAIL uses Roger Barker's
server, while EMAIL uses the Sproul server. Both work just fine.

Message body:

The first element in the body MUST be an email address, followed by a SPACE,
followed by the text. Limited to one line, not too long.

===========================================

Anyone running UI-View32 as an IGATE and listening on 145.800 will
automatically forward the request to the APRS-IS, where either the UIMAIL or
EMAIL server will pick it up. Other aprs clients may do the same.

In short: TO: UIMAIL

Message Body (email address "simply the text you are about to send"):

user@domain.net  This is a test of email via ISS

I've used this many times on both ISS and PCSAT with virtually 100% success.

I have a dual port UI-View32 system with one port on 144.390 and the other
on 145.800, 99% of the time. The other 1% is when I switch the 2nd port to
145.825 for PCSAT.

...hasan, N0AN


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Scott Avery WA6LIE" <wa6lie@msn.com>
To: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 1:03 AM
Subject: [sarex] Email Via ISS...


> Hello All...
>
> I have noticed a lot of experiments with email!
> Yes on can send email via ISS!
> One just needs the APRS format to make it happen.
> What happens is a ground station that is also a SATGATE
> forwards all *digipeated* (APRS format) to the internet.
> You can do the SAME thing on APRS! Dial up 144.390 to TEST!
>
> If you don't use the right format, you will not be SATGATed.
>
> Thanks to Bob, WB4APR for this utility, which Steve K4HG wrote
> the program to make www.ariss.net available!
>
> Quote of the day....
>
> "The possibilities are endless!"
>
> 73, and Happy Hamming via ARISS (RS0ISS-?)
>
>
> Scott WA6LIE in Cali'fornia
> ----
> Via the sarex mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
> To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe sarex" to Majordomo@amsat.org
>


----
Via the sarex mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe sarex" to Majordomo@amsat.org



AMSAT Top AMSAT Home