7 Year Old EXTRA Class Via ISS !

Congratulations Mattie!!

>From my Station in Salinas Ca. Via ISS....

2004-Jan-15 20:01:31
KD7TYN>BEACON,RS0ISS-3*,SGATE,WIDE,CN83HG,MATTIE,KD7TYN,EXTRA/1,WA6LIE-4,I:
:all      :Hi ISS from Mattie, 7 yr old EXTRA CLASS! I PASSED EXAM!

Mattie and those like our kids ARE our FUTURE! Congrats!!!

>From QRZ Website:

Wednesday January 14, 2004 I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I DID IT!! I PASSED MY
AMATEUR EXTRA CLASS EXAM!!!!!!!!!!
HI,

My name is Mattie. I am seven years old now. I LOVE ham radio (more than
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches)!!! I got my Tech license when I was 5
years old and then I studied real hard and tried to pass the general written
test. It was hard and I missed it by three too many questions. I studied
more and I passed it on my third try! Now, I was studying for my extra class
license. That is a real hard test! I had tried the extra class test already
but I needed to study more. I have passed practice tests.but I had trouble
putting my test down on paper. I knew that if studied really hard, I could
do it. AND NOW I DID IT!!!! If I could do it, other kids can also. I think
that any kid who wants to get their license should try because they will get
it. It is so much fun. I have been able to talk to people in Japan, the
Phillipines, in Kamchatka, Siberia (Russia), Palau, New Zealand, Rarotonga
and many other places. I have also gotten to talk to the battleship Missouri
and to a lighthouse in Canada. It is so very interesting to meet people from
other countries and talk to them.

I was pretty sad when the Columbia broke up on re entry. I am still
interested in space and I think that it would be sad if they stopped
exploring space. I very much want to be able to talk to an astronaut
someday. I think that would be very exciting and I have alot of questions
that I would like to ask. I am a member of the ISS Fanclub, membership #897.
My grandma, W6WXU is one of the people working on a part of the new OSCAR
projects. That is really neet and exciting. Check the story at this link:
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/01/31/4/?nc=1 The email address that I
like to use best is the link below, ARRL email: KD7TYN@ARRL.NET.

Bio last modified: 2004-01-15

73, Scott WA6LIE