Re: PCSAT reception

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE) wrote:

> ...All of this on a home brew 2 elements cross yagi pointing zenith and
> no tracking. Picture of it can be seen on the second thumbnail on
> www.qsl.net/ve2dwe

Now that does surprise me.  Since only 10% of the access times of any LEO
are above 40 deg, I would think you would do better with a vertical whip
OMNI.

I'd be willing to bet you would easily double what you capture if you went
to a 1/4 wave vertical over a ground plane. (assuming again, that you have
a short coax run...)

Bob