Re: Unproto callsign?

On 3 Jan 2004 at 7:59, K. G. Ransom wrote:

> Luc
> You stated here that you are using -4.
> --- "Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE)"
> <luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca> wrote:
> > I'M still using RS0ISS-4 145.800 simplex but on some
> > ISS passes  i can hardly hear it.
>
> But here, you copied yourself with -3 and heard via on
> -1
>
> > On the 0759 i got the following frames:
> >
> > VE2DWE>RS0ISS-3,RS0ISS-1* [03-01-04  08:04:41]:TX
> > 145.800 20W on 2 elem yagi beaming zenith PSE QSL on
>
> > ve2dwe@amsat.org
>
> And this station copied you via -1
>
> > and WB9IIV - Harry sends me this.
> >
> > VE2DWE/RS0ISS-1*>RS0ISS-3>UI,C,F0:
> > TX 145.800 20W on 2 elem yagi beaming zenith PSE QSL
> > on ve2dwe@amsat.org
>
> Are you unproto via -4 and beaconing on -1?
>
> What ever it is you are doing, it is working. Let us
> know.
> Kenneth - N5VHO

My unproto is RS0ISS-4 and all what  is coming out from the TNC is on RS0ISS-4 I remark the change in unproto
-3 and -1 but could not explain it, i try to check why on passes i copy  s-9 and on other near nothing?

Is it possible ISS received on two port 2 different frequencies? if they can dual port and gate on their new
TNC/radio did they plug the HT on one port and the other radio on another one? with a different FRQ?

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
AMSAT MEMBER (33583)