ISS-SCHOOL CONTACT 1/2/2004

    I was able to hear and record about 5 minutes of the contact with
    Mike Foale and the Gilmour Academy  School. I started to hear them
    when the ISS was about 900 miles west of my location in Lawrence,
    Mass. The only problem was the bursts from the packet GPS that kept
    intefering with the conversation. It caused Mike Foale to keep
    calling the school to make sure that they could hear. He was able to
    speak to them until he was almost opposite San Juan and then he
    signed off with the school wishing them a Happy New Year. Arthur N1ORC