From: "McGrane" <tmcgrane@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
To: <sarex@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 3:47 AM
Subject: [sarex] ISS Packet

Hi all and happy new year

I am also having problems with reception similar to that which I have had
with MIR when it was up and running.

I am using Icom 229H FM rig and diamond vertical with short run of 9913
coax.

I managed to connect during brief periods of clear reception on low angle
pass to north but it was short lived.

I also noticed it is no longer digipeating.

Signal is noisy most of time and using preamp would only amplify the noise
making packet decoding next to impossible.

Hopefully crew will be on Phone calling CQ on new years day.

Good luck to all

Patrick, n2oeq