From: Paul M Dunphy - VE1DX [mailto:sarex_list@ve1dx.net]
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 08:46
To: 'sarex@AMSAT.Org'
Subject: RE: [sarex] iss packet

At 02:31 AM 26/12/2003, Christensen, Eric wrote:
>Why go with the frequency pair?  I am hoping for more time on the
>digipeater
>(-4) and I think the duplex is just added "stuff" to have to deal with.  Is
>there a bonus for having the split?
>
>Eric KF4OTN

     Cuts the traffic (and hence the probability of colliding packets) in
half.  I would think the "hidden transmitter syndrome" is greatly enhanced
when trying to work a moving target with just a 12-15 minute window.  Split
operation helps this.

73/DX Paul VE1DX (QSL via VE1YX)

http://www.ve1dx.net/index.html

----
Via the sarex mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA. To
unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe sarex" to Majordomo@amsat.org