From: "Arthur Z Rowe" <n1orc@surfgate.net>
To: <SAREX@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [sarex] iss packet

Submitted by Arthur - N1ORC

Brian the following is from Frank Bauers recent memo

The Kenwood radio has been modified to support up to 25 watts maximum
output.  If the crew has the system configured with the default
capabilities, they should be using 10 watts of power (medium power on the
Kenwood).

Also I have never heard it from over 1200 miles before, so the higher
wattage is helping-Arthur