NA1ISS heard

Shalom,

I heard NA1ISS (I think it was Mike) working European stations during
the 1537-1541 UTC pass over Israel.  I tried calling him, but this was a
  low pass (maximum 3 deg. above the horizon) and I received no reply.

I tried listening again during the next pass (1711-1721 UTC, + 22 deg.)
but heard nothing.

My experience with Mir was that the best time for a QSO was during a
southwest to northeast pass, when I could work them before the mass of
European stations started calling them.

I think these guys must be very busy, with little or no time for Ham
Radio.  I'm still waiting though;  my last "space" QSO was with
Jean-Pierre in Mir (August 1999)!

73,
Shlomo, 4X4LF