As SUGGESTED

On 2 Dec 2003 at 3:46, Frank H. Bauer wrote:

>All,

>As we continue to discuss the current and future ARISS events on this
>reflector, I would ask that each of us think about what we say and how it
>can be perceived before we hit the send button.

>Specifically, it is my suggestion that we refrain from the use of words
>such as "hoax" and "lies" for example.  That is, of course, unless we have
>plenty of data to back up our statements.

Here is one of many definition of LIE and it is this one who should applied in the present context.

TO CONVEY A FALSE IMPRESSION OR PRACTISE DECEPTION

When referencing  the previously time line SAREX BB messages, we cannot see  absolutly no intent to mislead
or
deceive, but two facts remain FALSE IMPRESSION and PRACTISE DECEPTION.

Again here there is a summary of events and data in a digest format in a way " to back up our statements"

"We are working with the Mission ops folks to get the packet reactivated
again and to make sure it stays on.  Stay tuned."

"we have made several requests to turn the packet system on through the Mission Control Center (not an easy
thing to do for a secondary activity).  Each time, the packet system was reactivated and within an orbit, it
was gone again"

6 MONTH LATER!
---------------------

August 20 2003

"You have all be extremely patient regarding the problems with the packet
system.  Thank you for your patience.  I know I have not been to
communicative about the packet system lately, but the ARISS-International
team has been working *very hard* to get this issue debugged and back on
line."

"I don't want to raise expectations too high, but it appears that there
might be an opportunity as early as 13:00 UTC tomorrow where the packet may
get re-activated."

"We will keep you informed as things unfold over the next couple of
days.  As I promised weeks ago, I hope to give you all a full briefing on
what it has taken to get packet up and running as soon as we get more
information from the crew."

August 21 2003

"As I stated yesterday, We will continue to keep you informed on the
on-going, drawn-out saga on the packet system."

" Well, it should be obvious at this point that the packet is still not
working.  The procedure we (US and Russian teams) generated did not get
uplinked to the crew.  Our plans were to have a one-on-one discussion with
Ed Lu around 13:00 UTC today as he debugged the packet module issue.  We
got word right before the pass that the radiogram did not get
uplinked."

"... To ensure this gets done before Expedition 8 (yes...before
November) we are asking that the crew perform the procedures without an
audio debug session.  This may occur as early as this weekend."

 "Many of these individuals are painfully aware
of our problem and have agreed to work with us to resolve this"

"I know many of you are frustrated.  We are too"

"Further, I am convinced we will resolve this
process problem and move on to other challenges...including the
installation of the Phase 2 hardware in a couple of months.

Please keep the faith.  We promise to continue to keep you informed as
events unfold on the packet issue."

August 23 2003

"It is our understanding that sometime on Sunday (tomorrow) Yuri will
be reconnecting the 2 meter equipment, turning power back on and
configuring the system for packet operation on the standard packet
channel.  This will probably be early in the day for those in North America"

"I would ask all to please keep your packet stations on and report any
packet activity, if any, on this reflector.  If the system gets shut off,
we will work with the US and Russian control centers to have it turned back
on.".

September 1 2003:

"The first installment of the Phase 2 hardware"

A long message depicting Phase 2 hardware, without a word about THE PACKET SYSTEM. (my comments)

3 MONTHS LATER...

December 2 2003

What happens with the packet system since septembre 1st??? OUF!!! OUF!!! OUF!!!

I understand the writer position and i will never change my position for his position. I rather want to enter
in prieshood...

As i stated only the facts taken from the original texts it is sad for one individual to carry on  his back
the  "FALSE IMPRESSIONS" and  be tagged to "PRACTISE DECEPTION" . IT IS NOT THIS INDIVIDUAL WHO IS AT STAKE
HERE BUT AN OBVIOUS SAD CONJECTURE.

Its like a man alone in mooving sands the more he's struggle to get out  the more he plunge in it

As the Fleetwood mac song..TELL ME LIES TELL ME LITTLE SWEETEST LIES.

SUGGESTIONS...

Stop any announcements about the packet affair until someone can switch it ON PERMANENTLY. Im not a space PHD
engeneer but i know these 3 simple thing...

1-Flip the switches ON and connect the antennas
2-Connect the TNC with the rs-232 port and configure the TNC
3-Unplug the TNC fron the PC and let the system alone digipeating.

WHY COMPLICATE UNCOMPLICATED THINGS?

When this wil be prove in a normal and steady condition make an announcement GATES OPEN go ahead!

Thats for the packet part, for the voice part i don't want to enter in that discussion AGAIN!  see my
previous comments.

YES we all know how we are lucky and fortunate to be in space
YES we all know how devoted the NASA , ARISS, AMSAT folks are and we congratulates them a lot
YES we all know this not a corporate affair IT'S HAM STUFF...THE RIGHT ONE...

But after saying this we will enter a new year soon . Can we forget about what is planned, forecast, to be
done, to come soon, to be realised, to be acomplish soon... and wait praying the day of salvation where we
will see our DCD led illuminated again at 145.800MHZ.

My blood pressure will be probably more stable as my temper...

As someone said I GO UNDER MY ROCK...

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator