A Suggestion

All,

As we continue to discuss the current and future ARISS events on this
reflector, I would ask that each of us think about what we say and how it
can be perceived before we hit the send button.

Specifically, it is my suggestion that we refrain from the use of words
such as "hoax" and "lies" for example.  That is, of course, unless we have
plenty of data to back up our statements.

I am writing this, not to pass judgement on anyone.  Personally, I
appreciate the openness of everyone on this reflector.  This  reflector's
purpose is to serve as a forum to provide timely information and to discuss
and debate ideas, comments, thoughts, and suggestions regarding amateur
radio on Human Spaceflight Vehicles.  I am writing this to remind each of
us that we have a large cross section of people on this reflector.  This
includes members of the various space agencies.  The space agencies have
been really good to us.

I know everyone's adrenaline is high from the anticipated "hunt" for new DX
on ISS.  But we need to step back and think:  What other amateur group
(astronomers, etc) can say that they have equipment on-board ISS that is
operational?  (except for packet being non-op, the equipment is working
fine up there as the Renmark school showed last week)

Yes, there are a number of issues that need to be worked.   That includes
getting packet up and running (more on this in an upcoming e-mail).  But if
it wasn't challenging, I don't think you'd find us in this facet of the hobby.

As my subject states, this is a suggestion.

73,  Frank KA3HDO