Re: ISS future?

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Bruce Bostwick wrote:

> This is why I suggested a while back that future payloads to ISS be
> focused primarily on surface-surface operations such as linear
> transponders and digipeaters, with primary control by the crew limited
> to on/off of the whole package...

That is exactly the design of PCSAT2 as an external ISS attachment:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pcsat2.html

It is manifest on the first shuttle return to flight...  It will give an
FM voice repeater for us and the crew, a PSK-31 linear transponder for
many many users and the typical PCsat UI digipeater too.

Its built, and sitting on the shelf... (thought it still has to go through
7 days of thermal vac....)...

de WB4APR, Bob