Re: ISS Hoax

Andy MacAllister wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> As the SAREX Payload Manager for a number of years, I have found the NASA
> astronaut, and now cosmonaut support for "non-scheduled" contacts with hams
> to be a "coin toss".  I listened to almost every ISS pass over the weekend,
> and heard nothing.  My transceiver got a workout.  I am not impressed.  If
> the event was not supposed to start on the 28th, then don't announce it that
> way.  I guess Roy would understand...
>
> 73 de Andy W5ACM

I would have to agree it's disappointing the ISS crew didn't show over the
weekend and the ARISS  team is disappointed as well, however I can assure all
that  NASA was informed of the event.

ARISS announced the event in good faith advising amateurs to listen out over the
weekend hoping that some contacts would be made. On the other hand if we knew
about it and didn't make it public knowledge we would  be criticized for keeping
it to a select few, it's a no win situation.

We all have to realize that the crew are up there to do a job and don't spend
most of their time stargazing out the window as was suggested, however, like
anyone else, they are entitled to have some free time.
I'm sure  when  time is available the crew will show up, in the mean time we all
have to show a little patience.

--
      Regards Tony.

 Aust. ARISS Co-ordinator