Soldering in Space

Dear Group,

Arthur - N1ORC posted the URL about soldering in space ...
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/10nov_solder.htm

In the article it said:
> Space station crewmembers will use a soldering iron to join these wires
with lead-tin solder.

This surprised me, because I thought the electronics industry was going
lead-free.

73
Hugh M0WYE

(BTW, this comment doesn't necessarily mean I agree with the move to
lead-free, as lead-tin solder works very well, and I think the
waste-disposal problems of our "throw-away society" could be addressed in
other ways)