RE: NASA outlines safer space station

HI Ron,

Harsh words ! I don't see how you can say "virtually identical disasters
" ....one at take off and one at landing ...that would be at opposite
extremes wouldn't it ?

Not one of those people who go are not aware of the risks involved with
that type of flight. They are also much more aware than you or I on what
concerns NASA has for safety and yet they still go. Maybe they are all a
bunch of nuts then that just take  chances at the whims of an even
greater group of fools NASA? Somehow I don't think so.

While I am not trying to down play the loss of the lives of the 14 you
talk about, they all got into those machines understanding the inherent
risks involved including the ones they rely on the NASA gang to sort
out, and they still did it! Hell I would do it too but unfortunately
NASA doesn't let old fat guys fly !

>From where I sit I can only tip my hat to all those people who make
decisions every day with regards to space travel. From anything I have
seen most decisions are made with intelligence and regard for the people
involved. Nothing in life is 100% other than taxes and death. NASA needs
the support of everyone who is not satisfied in just leaving the world
as it is. Do they get it all right ....? Not a chance ! But they are
sure a long way from having it all wrong.

Anyhow just my two cents worth and you are certainly entitled to your
opinion.

Regards,

Bill Greene
VE7WFG