2 meter human spaceflight freqs

Dino and others,

If there are going to be changes in the band plan, please let me know what
the changes will be and I will provide as much guidance as possible.

Clearly, the OSCAR sub-band 145.80-146 should be kept clear.  144.49 is our
primary US voice uplink channel.  We also have options to use 144.47 &
144.45.  APRS is on 144.39.  And the weak signal and satellite control
freqs in the lower end of the 2 meter band should be avoided.

Miles' discussion of a weak signal "guard band" is important.  Back when we
jointly did the APRS QSY, I gave a presentation to inform the terrestrial,
APRS, community of the challenges of communicating with space
vehicles.  This, in part, led to the APRS QSY activity from 145.79 to
144.39.  I think these charts are still valid 6 years later.  For those
interested:

http://www.tapr.org/aprsqsy/

http://www.tapr.org/aprsqsy/bauer/bauer.htm

73,  Frank Bauer, KA3HDO