Re: Current list of SAREX frequencies needed ASAP!

Frequencies are always going to be delicate subject.

Satellite 145.800 - 146.000
I would also suggest a guard band to protect weak signal satellite.
It is easy to blow away a weak satellite signal when there is a
strong BBS tation 50k away.
For a guard band I would suggest 145.700 - 145.800
Here is my theory for Guard band:
All temporary "manned" legal activities allowed.
No unmanned transmitters, such as packet bbs, Repeaters, Dedicated
links, etc.
The top end of the sat band is already sort of protected by
being a repeater input band.  The fact that this is an input segment
means that the qrm generated by people using 146.000 - 146.100 is very
sporadic and limited.

144.000 - 144.500, usually considered a weak signal band.

144.490 is one of the sarex channels and there are others.
144.400 - 144.500 Suggest satellite Guard band.
It would be very desirable to call this a Guard Band too.
Allow all temporary "manned" legal activities.
And block all unmanned transmitters, such as packet bbs, Repeaters,
Dedicated links, etc.

Those are just my unofficial suggestions on how to protect
the weak signal satellite bands.

Miles