Re: Out-of-this-World Wedding De-Orbited?

> American law very likely carries the same prohibition.

As I recall, the "American law" that applies is Texas state law, which
according to the original article does allow for marriage when the two
people can't be there together.  The paperwork and general red tape is
prohibitive in most cases, but if I understand correctly, it IS
possible when circumstances don't permit otherwise.  The bride is a US
citizen and Texas resident, so Texas law applies in her case.

No idea what the Russian law is ..

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve
life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out
death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends." -- Gandalf

"Go ahead and do it, you can apologize later." -- RADM Grace Hopper,
1906-1992
"The sunset is an illusion, but the beauty is real." -- Richard Bach