Re: ISS Packet

In a message dated 06/22/03 12:24:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca writes:

> 1-If something is not working why asking to turn it off an on?
>  2-If something is not working why giving instructions about it?

I have an idea about these two...

The audio link between the microphone and the packet audio out is shared.
There have been many complaints concerning "packet bursts" during normal FM
conversation mode. I believe these have been attributed to the TNC still ID'ing
while the space borne amateur was talking. Turning off the Packet would eliminate
these audio intrusions during the ARISS or FM Voice Chats.

Roger
WA1KAT