Re: Don Pettit

Whoa ..

OK, I guess I can interpret from that that they were a little bit out
of corridor on reentry and just shy of a heat shield failure then ..
*sympathetic groan* ..

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 14:41 US/Central, Robert McGwier wrote:

> Bowersox was referring in his statement that they had
> pulled  NINE G's,  was that this was caused by a vary
> steep re-entry angle.  This force was applied by the
> aerobraking and not by the landing.
>
> Bob, N4HY

Heard from a flight instructor:
"The only dumb question is the one you DID NOT ask, resulting in my
going out and having to identify your bits and pieces in the midst of
torn and twisted metal."