FW: Homeward Bound on SOYUZ May3rd,2003

Submitted by Arthur - N1ORC

Space Station Science Picture of the Day for May 2, 2003

The 3-man crew of ISS Expedition 6 will return to Earth on May 3rd after
5-month adventure on the space station. Science Officer Don Pettit
shares
his thoughts on the eve of departure.

FULL STORY:
http://science.nasa.gov/ppod/y2003/02may_homewardbound.htm

Editor's note: Although Expedition 6 will soon be done, the ISS Picture
of
the Day will continue.  We still haven't exhausted all of Don Pettit's
marvelous photos.  Furthermore, we anticipate new pictures from the
2-man
crew of Expedition 7. They'll be on orbit for the next six months. Stay
tuned!