Marex news, French packet manual 4/4/03

ISS Amateur Radio Status: March 4, 2003

French ISS Packet Operations Manual
Packet Status
Shuttle Status
SpaceCam1 project

By Miles Mann WF1F,

French ISS Packet Operations Manual:
I would like to thank Jean-Michel F6GRY and his team for translating the
ISS Packet Operations Manual into French.  The Packet Manual is now in 5
languages, English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.

The manuals are located on MAREX web page and other fine locations.
http://www.marex-na.org/fileshtml/howtouseiss.html

Packet Status:
The Amateur Radio Packet system on ISS has been off-line for most of the
time since the crew change in December 2002.  We have only heard brief
bursts of packet for approximately and hour per month since then.  There
are a few theory's as to the possible problem, none of which have been
confirmed.  ARISS is working on the packet problem.

Shuttle Status:
I have read a few memos from NASA, indicating tentative plans to try to
fly a Shuttle in Q4 2003.  If the grounding of the Space Shuttle flights
are lifted, the NASA engineers want to have a Space Shuttle ready to fly
ASAP.   We will have to wait a few more months to get a better idea on
when the shuttles will go back into Service.

SpaceCam1 Project
The Slow Scan TV project for ISS, called SpaceCam1 is on hold, until we
can figure out a new flight schedule.  The SpaceCam project was planed
for a Q2 2003 flight to ISS, but that plan has since been canceled.

http://www.marex-na.org/index.html

www.marex-na.org

Copyright 2003 Miles Mann, All Rights Reserved.  This document may be
freely
distributed via the following means - Email (including listservers),
Usenet,
and World-Wide-Web.  It may not be reproduced for profit including, but
not
limited to, CD ROMs, books, and/or other commercial outlets without
prior
written consent from the author.

Until we meet again

DOSVIDANIYA Miles WF1F